Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Same World at Peace


In humanities we have been recently making collages about the Lost Boys of Sudan, and while doing this we needed skill and values in order to do a good job. We needed think creatively, reason critically, communicate effectively and live ethically. In order to think creatively I needed to decorate my collage accordingly. An example of this is when I put the various words form different sources to make up my 6-word memoir stand out. I have also arranged the images around certain words to emphasize the word’s meanings.

To reason critically I have used the organization of images to highlight the understanding of the Lost Boy’s conflicts. An example of this is how I used the images of war, corruption and migration to show the Lost Boy’s journey. Other examples are the use of different war torn images to show how the Lost Boy’s have been though the worst and have a devastating past.

Another one of the things I had to focus on was how to communicate my message clearly to the audience. My message was that the world has to unite and that without unity war and conflict take over. To communicate this I put the depressing images of war and violence around the images of peace. This let lets the world see how dangerous the world is and how innocent people are dying.

To live ethically, we need to empathize with the Lost Boys. Putting the images of war in my collage allowed me to let the audience see how the world is being consumed in war and how we can help by doing something little. This incites them to act as they feel sorrow for those who hade their lives corrupted by the menace of war.

Pic Source: http://www.danplesch.net/UN/ww0207-87.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment